Beyond Engineering™

“Do what is right the first time-every time and client satisfaction is guaranteed. Lead with compassion, empathy, honesty and truth. Always live and display your passion for success in all that you do and say.”

TWUA 2018 Annual Conference Presentation

STP Renovation Options to Optimize Treated Effluent for Potable Reuse Rich Oller, PE recently presented at the annual TWUA Conference in Corpus Christi on reuse options that improve sustainable municipal water supplies. We have recreated his presentation here. [video...

read more

Sustainable Water Supplies

New Insights to Sustainable Water Supplies OEI is involved in numerous water treatment systems where additional treatment or advanced innovative treatment is required to meet primary and secondary drinking water standards because of the raw water quality of their...

read more

Water Scarcity Issues

Water, Water Everywhere … and Soon Not a Drop to Drink? The earth is mostly water, but approximately 98% of this planet’s water is salt water, leaving less than 2% percent of it as fresh water. Of that 2%, even less than that is considered potable—water that is...

read more

Private Development Design

We Are Expanding Our Services OEI now provides design services for the private sector development. In association with Big Red Dog, OEI is providing professional design expertise for infrastructure improvements associated with major residential and commercial...

read more

TCEQ Water Operations Company

We are excited to announce that TCEQ has recognized OEI as a Water Operations Company. OEI has obtained its certification from TCEQ as a certified contract operations group and we are already helping Greenwood Water Supply Corporation, Mustang Station Electrical...

read more

What Causes Green Water?

Eutrophication is a continuing problem throughout the state of Texas. It’s a funny sounding word but carries serious repercussions that can be controlled by understanding what causes this to happen. What is eutrophication? What causes this to occur? What can we do to correct the effects of eutrophication?

read more

Water Rights

Like oil, potable drinking water is a commodity and is becoming harder to find and develop. All of us in the water industry continually deal with and are confronted with increasing demand and decreasing supply. Whether these decreases are from drought conditions or increased growth and over-allocation of existing supplies, both create concerns in securing water for current and future demands.

read more